Thales has been a market leader leader in public parking solutions for over three decades. The company designs and delivers secure equipment and access control systems for car parks, providing services spanning the entire value chain, from initial consulting and location planning to installation, training, maintenance and system upgrade management.
Leveraging its high-level expertise in advanced technologies and its experience in car park payment collection, Thales has developed the WiLiX range of high-tech solutions combining exceptional stability, flexibility and ease of use. These systems were driven by the exacting equipment reliability requirements of several customers and developed in close partnership with them.
Thales has equipped more than 400 car parks in France and worldwide in city centres, airports, shopping centres, hospitals, train stations and secure parking facilities for heavy goods vehicles.
Customers who have place their trust in Thales technology include Vinci, Effia, LPA, ADP, the city of Turin for the 2006 Winter Olympics, Nantes Gestion Équipements, SAEMES, Interparking, CITEDIA, the Gautrain high-speed Pretoria-Johannesburg rail link (due to enter service for the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa), the city of Monaco and the Dubai metro.
Thales is a leading provider of integrated toll collections systems based on contactless technology, with solutions today deployed in Hong Kong, the Netherlands and Denmark. The WiLiX car park management system addresses the current and future needs of car park operators, including contactless and NFC technology and interoperability with other systems. The systems implemented in Turin, Dubai and South Africa (Gautrain), for example, allow passengers to use the same ticket to travel by metro or train and park their vehicles.
Partnerships, Training services, Access to supply chain management and monitoring
Thales offers customers:
- Expertise and technical know-how spanning all system components (including software and credit card handling solutions).
- A call centre open from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., with a dedicated emergency hotline to ensure service from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. everyday.
- A coordination unit to qualify calls with the corresponding car park supervisor.
- A team of technicians on hand to ensure remote diagnostics and maintenance.
- A network of local Thales technicians trained in the latest WiLiX developments to provide preventive and curative maintenance.
- A “proprietary” team of technical experts trained in the latest WiLiX technologies (hardware / software as well as on-site customer training; supplies of equipment subassemblies across the support network to ensure immediate response).
- A continuous Quality Improvement Plan to supervise this activity, produce maintenance analysis reports and define actions plans to improve quality of service.
- The NOVA full Web access tool that ensures real-time management of maintenance, logistic flows, repair work, escalation processes, inventories, etc.
- Qualitative and quantitative maintenance indicators (back orders, equipment incident rates, response times, repair quality, etc.).
- A single software version with upward compatibility.