Product and Asset Lifecycle Management
Solutions for leveraging enterprise knowledge and product information
The new product challenge
PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) technologies support companies throughout the lifecycle of their products, from conception all the way through to product retirement.
All companies' products (and services) age and ultimately lose their attractiveness: the development of new products therefore becomes a major challenge for every company if they want to remain successful - sounds obvious but managing these ‘lifecycle' issues is complex both in terms of planning and design.
Design and development are very important steps where 80% of decisions regarding the cost of both manufacturing and maintaining the new product will be taken.
Why choose Thales for defining, implementing or maintaining your PLM system?
• Thales brings its experiences acquired during many large complex implementations both for its many customers in the aeronautics, electronics, defence and automotive sectors, as well as for itself - we practice what we preach!
• Thales has developed a focused methodology, based on the leading software packages, which allows for accelerated deployment of the application by capitalizing on the re-use of predefined industrial processes.
• Thales adopts an iterative method which helps our customers to align their users needs on standard product functionality.
• Thales not only understands the back office repository PLM systems, but is also a market leader in key enabling technologies (such as RFID) which ensures a continuous stream of information during the life of the product.
Supply Chain Management
Thales helps its customers to manage their supply chains with expertise, IT, key technologies and logistics services.
Our offers bring strong benefits, especially for critical supply chains in complex international environments.
- Supply Chain Integration for In-Service/MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul)
- Technology enablement of SCM processes (eg RFID for container management)
- Import / Export management and reporting
- Revenue Management
Mission Critical IT Outsourcing
Managing IT systems that are critical to our customers’ business success.
Managing critical applications and infrastructures, or operating critical solutions, requires a secure and safe but flexible service to meet the specific business needs. Thales combines its industrial-strength processes and infrastructure with its outstanding security capabilities and methodologies to mitigate and manage the risks of operating complex information systems - so Thales can guarantee to deliver the availability, security and safety that your business needs.
Because of our strengths in IT and security processes, Thales also provides security-relevant BPO services (business process outsourcing), such as authentication, access and competency management.
Our services include:
- Business continuity plan
- Critical IT Infrastructure Operation
- Critical Application Management
- Access and Competency management
- Transport Information systems and process management
- Financial Transaction systems and process management
- Disaster recovery plan
Non-compliance with legal requirements can stop business
Businesses today are faced with a mass of regulations for quality, safety, security and governance. Complying with these regulatory requirements is mission-critical, because non-compliance can immediately stop the business.
Thales provides industry-specific solutions to ensure compliance, for example for transportation and aerospace companies, as well as offering compliant corporate financial applications or ensuring compliance to corporate governance regulations, such as Sarbanes Oxley.
- Corporate Applications
- Corporate Governance (eg. Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance)
- Compliant Reporting Solutions (eg via XBRL)
- Financial Risk Management Systems