High resolution CCD Camera dedicated to medical X-ray Imaging
TH 8770 CCD Camera
- TH 8770 is a new-generation CCD GigE Vision camera. Based on Thales experience in conventional X-ray imaging, it is designed for perfect match with X-ray image intensifiers.
- Integrated in either R/F tables or mobile C-arms, the TH 8770 CCD camera is optimized for digital fluoroscopy and radiography.
- Thales provides either the camera itself, or a videokit or a complete RIU when associated with an XRII.
High resolution CCD Cameras for Digital Fluoroscopy:
TH 8730 CCD Camera
The TH 8730 camera has been specifically designed for use with X-Ray Image Intensifiers (XRII) in all high-end diagnostic imaging systems. It is optimized for the most demanding applications, including digital subtraction angiography (DSA), high resolution cardiology, low dose fluoroscopy and digital radiography.
This camera features the latest advances in CCD technology 1024 x 1024 pixel progressive scanning interline CCD, as well as Thales’s long experience in X-ray diagnostic imaging. The high resolution and contrast, combined with very low readout noise and high quantum efficiency ensure significant reductions in noise and exposure.
The 12-bit digital output for all CCD operating modes is compatible with most image postprocessing techniques now in use. An optional board, compatible PC, makes possible a high definition analog output with image processing for real time fluoroscopy. Thanks to its small size, the camera is easily integrated in the system. The digital link between the camera head and the control unit enables a noise free transfer of the images over up to 30 meters of cable, in full compliance with the EMC standards.
- Dedicated to digital radiography and fluoroscopy
- Up to 60 progressive frames/second
- Optional analog output and real time image processing
- 12-bit digital output
- Blooming and smearing free
TH 8740 CCD Camera
Building on Thales’s long experience in X-ray diagnostic imaging, the TH 8740 allows 1000 x1000 pixel resolution, progressive scanning and interline CCD technology.
Everything about the TH 8740 is designed for radiology applications. First, it is a compact unit, perfectly suited for integration in radiological imaging units. Technically speaking, the camera noise is significantly lower than X-ray noise in all radiological modes (up to 30 frames per second), and dynamic range is well suited to fluoroscopy (dose from 10 nGy to 1 µGy per image) and digital radiography. In addition, the optical system can be remote-controlled via the camera. The TH 8740 is available in two versions: the camera alone (12-bit digital video output), compatible with frame grabbers and a stand-alone version (digital and analog video outputs), including a processing and control unit which allows high-definition image processing for real-time fluoroscopy.
The TH 8740 camera also allows an On-Screen Display (OSD) function and is remote-controlled via RS232 to provide easy setup and flexible image processing. A compact lens compatible with a wide range of X-Ray Image Intensifiers (XRII) output windows is offered on option.
- Very compact: 52 mm long
- Up to 30 frames per second
- 2 versions available:
• basic with 12 bit digital output
• stand-alone with control unit and image processing
These products are designed, developed and manufactured at an ISO 9001:V000, ISO 14001 and EN 46001 registered production site.