- Click a thumbnail to see a larger image
Man Portable Laser Designator
Thales has developed a very reliable, compact and lightweight laser rangefinder designator.
This quiet and highly reliable equipment utilises a solid state slab laser geometry which requires no liquid cooling. The LF28A has minimal maintenance requirements and also incorporates an optimised man machine interface (MMI) and built in test equipment. This combination of features facilitates
rapid deployment where covert operation is a requirement.
The low mass and volume of the equipment enables the complete system to be carried by a single
soldier either in its transit case or in the soldier’s rucksack. It has an integral x10 telescope through
which the laser output and sighting channels are multiplexed.
The LF28A is capable of designating out to 10km using any user-defined codes, with excellent beam divergence and stable boresight over the full temperature range.
Forward Air Control System:
- LF28A Laser Designator
- Compact tripod
- Manual firing unit with integral 2 metres of cable
- Lithium or rechargeable Nicad battery which snaps onto the LF28A LRF/D
- Interfaces with the Thales family of night sights using either the NATO or Picatinny rail
- Readily integrated with other observation systems through RS422 interface
- Compact and lightweight
- Rapid deployment
- No liquid cooling
- No ‘warm up’ needed
- Solid state high reliability design