A response to new threats
As new risks & global threats emerge, governments are calling for higher level of security at the borderlines in order to reinforce the protection of the homeland security.
Prevention of unlawful cross-borders activities and fight against criminal organisations at land and maritime borders implies the implementation of thorough and comprehensive surveillance and control systems.
Improved Capabilities for customers
Thales system’s solutions provide to customers enhanced capabilities to:
- Monitor efficiently the borderlines
- Improve reaction time from detection to interception
- Match the diversity of threat’ nature and level
- Optimise deployment and usage of the different human and technical resources
Solutions tailored to customer’s mission
Thales delivers advanced turnkey solutions to address the specific needs and constraints of each Border Guards entity.
Thales solutions are built on field proven assets, state of the art components and designed with innovative modelling ad simulation tools and experts.
Thales expertise relies on a proven tracks record of large and complex security systems successfully implemented in many countries as well as an intimate knowledge of the specificities of the task of border surveillance.
Securing and protecting people and assets
Allowing forces to concentrate on their primary mission objectives
- Rapid and effective protection of areas (camps, compounds, etc.), neutralising a wide range of land-based threats, with fewer personnel engaged in surveillance
- Delivered through a network of sensors (optronic, radar, acoustic, etc.) and effectors (lethal, non-lethal), with Command and Control management.
- A modular approach:
- From simple intrusion detection systems (fast and easy deployment)
- To complete networked systems incorporating detection, identification and threat neutralisation
- An optimum solution adapted to suit your mission, budget and planning, from standard generic systems to bespoke solutions, accommodating legacy systems
- Based on CD & E (Concept Development and Experimentation) approach
- MobIDS, perimetric protection system in service within the German forces for out-of-area operations
- DISCUS, compound security system to support the Netherlands Armed Forces deployed in Afghanistan
- SPECTRE, assessment study and a demonstrator in France, dedicated to the platoon and camp protection